TCC Cross Country announces 2023 schedule
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (August 3, 2023) — The TCC Cross Country team is scheduled to compete in seven events before the NJCAA Championships in the first season under new head coach Andy Merrill.
The Eagles' first meet takes place on Saturday, August 26 at the Thomasville University Time Trial. That will be their first of four meets at Apalachee Regional Park in Tallahassee. Last year, the ARP played host to the NJCAA Championships and in 2026 it will host the World Cross Country Championships.
To kick off the month of September, the Eagles will head just north of the Florida-Georgia line to compete in the VSU Border Clash in Valdosta. Then the Eagles return to Tallahassee for their September 8 home meet at the ARP. This will be the seventh year of the TCC Open.
On September 22, TCC will head west down I-10 to compete in the Argonaut Invitational on the University of West Florida campus in Pensacola, Fla. They wrap up the month of September with another meet at the ARP with the FSU Open. This will be the third consecutive season that th Eagles compete in the event. In October they will compete in one final regular season meet, the Florida Gateway College Invitational at Alligator Lake Park in Lake City, FL.
The FCSAA/NJCAA Region 8 Championships will take place on Tuesday, October 24 at the ARP. This will be the eighth consecutive FCSAA Championship meet held at the ARP, which has been the event's only home.
In November, the Eagles will head to John Hunt Park Huntsville, Ala. for the NJCAA Cross Country and Half Marathon Championships. This will be the first time that John Hunt Park has hosted the event.
To stay up to date with the Eagles Cross Country team, follow @tcceaglesxc on Instagram.
- Saturday, August 26: Thomasville University Time Trial (Apalachee Regional Park, Tallahassee, FL)
- Friday, September 1: VSU Border Clash (Freedom Park, Valdosta, GA)
- Friday, September 8: TCC Open (Apalachee Regional Park, Tallahassee, FL)
- Friday, September 22: Argonaut Invitational (University of West Florida, Pensacola, FL)
- Friday, September 29: FSU Invite (Apalachee Regional Park, Tallahassee, FL)
- Friday, October 13: Florida Gateway College Invitational (Alligator Lake Park, Lake City, FL)
- Tuesday, October 24: FCSAA/NJCAA Region 8 Championships (Apalachee Regional Park, Tallahassee, FL)
- Saturday, November 11: NJCAA Division II Championships (John Hunt Park, Huntsville, AL)
- Tuesday, November 14: NJCAA Half Marathon Championships (John Hunt Park, Huntsville, AL)